Thursday, September 28, 2017

Idea Draft #2

I have decided to analyze the picture of Williams holding her diploma on page 92. Something that stood out to me was that she graduated from Harvard which is a really good school and had received help from other people. Before that she had been moving around a lot and who grew up homeless in California with her younger sister and her mom. She had known that she was smart and knew that education would help her set her free from poverty.

2 comments:

  1. I think you had a really good general idea on the story and brought the main points out directly. The fact that she was homeless was a big deal, the fact that she graduated from Harvard is a big deal. This makes the story that much more powerful.
    When I read your essay I would love to see your interpretation and see why you chose this picture, this story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like you were very straight forward with your analysis which makes it clear for the reader but I feel like you can expand even more and really get into the story and your analysis.

    I feel like once you get deeper in you analysis your essay will be really strong. You could always add more of your opinion as well.

    I think your ideas are very strong and a great base for an essay.

    ReplyDelete